Distracted Driving Causes 80% of Accidents
Did you know…
- Texting while driving is about 6 times more likely to result in an accident than driving while intoxicated.
- Texting & talking on cell phones WHILE DRIVING has now replaced ‘Drinking & Driving’ as the #1 cause of serious traffic accidents in Ontario, Canada. Please put your phone away folks when driving for the safety of everyone on the road…
- Almost 50% of all drivers between the ages of 18 and 24 are texting while driving.
- Teens say that texting is their number one driver distraction.
- 4 out of every 5 accidents (80%) are attributed to distracted drivers. In contrast, drunk drivers account for roughly 1 out of 3 (33%) of all accidents nationally.
- Studies have found that texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
- The majority of Americans believe that talking on the phone and texting are two of the most dangerous behaviors that occur behind the wheel. Still, as many as 81% of drivers admit to making phone calls while driving.
Yet, One-fifth of experienced adult drivers in the United States send text messages while driving.
We at AUTOSYS hope you’ll pass this on to everyone you know!